Sponsored by I & CAD, Government of Telangana.Objective:
- The specific objective of this project is identification of feasible sites for construction of new tanks over eight districts and information regarding physical status of tanks through hydrological analysis which reflects the possible ground water scenario over the corresponding districts and state as well.
- Drainage, catchment and tank cascades of the sub basins.
- Hydrological analysis of tanks and cascades including yield (runoff) using SCS curve method and analysis of master plan records data.
- Feasible sites for new tanks
- Analysis of Physical status of tanks
- Groundwater scenario
Reservoir sedimentation study is essential for estimating the sediment yield into the reservoir which influences the storage capacity of the reservoir/dam. The aim of this study is to assess reservoir sedimentation and/or loss of storage in five irrigation projects i.e, Sreeramsagar, Nizamsagar, Singur, Lower Maner dam, Kaddam in Godavari Basin in Andhra Pradesh through systematic analysis by using high resolution IRS-1C, 1D and P6, LISS-IV & LISS-III and microwave data.
- Mapping and estimation of water spread areas,
- Rate of loss in capacity due to sedimentation,
- Revised Level-Area-Capacity curves within the zone of interest i.e., live storage of the reservoir
- Field work for ground truth verification
The focus of this study is assessing the changes in waterscapes so as to facilitate effective management on issues related to water scarcity. This involves comprehensive analysis of Manair subbasin which would facilitate water saving strategies and to enhance agriculture productivity.
- Analysis of Manair subbasin with estimation of indicators on water resource, Evapotranspiration, Productivity and withdrawals for water accounting.
- To study external and internal catchments and its influence on the internal drainage system of RGIA
- To evolve a strategy with solutions to address the short term and long term drainage risks.
- Study of the external catchment areas and their influence on the hydrology of RGIA
- Study of the influence of internal catchment areas on the external drainage and suggest actions to avoid flood risk
- Analysis of reasons for the damages caused to the boundary walls and other areas
- Identification of vulnerable points of flood risk, along the boundary wall as well as other areas.
- Suggest schematic solutions for overcoming the drainage risks